We are sometimes asked for criteria for the different course levels. Setting up such a list is difficult – the opinions about what is easy, what is hard; how important aspects like foot technique or covering are compared to each other; in which order things should be taught; etc. differ wildly. Nonetheless, dancers and teachers expect a certain standard of dancing in a course of a given level. With the following list we try to describe the usual level of dancing in our courses – which we would like to keep.
What this list is
- Guidelines: A dancer should mostly meet the criteria of the chosen course level.
- A rough, incomplete description of what level of dancing to expect in a course.
What this list is not:
- the truth and only truth
- a promise what will and will not be taught
- a promise about the skills of the other dancers
- something that should be used to point fingers at another dancer
- rules for teachers, what to teach at what level – at most this is a guide what to expect as a class