We would like to invite you to participate in one of the most wonderful hobbies in the world. : )
Scottish Country Dancing (SCD) is good for everybody – it is a social dance form – you dance with partners in sets - but you do not have to bring a dance partner – we pair up for each dance anew and your partner doesn’t even have to be of the opposite sex . Scottish Country Dancing is good exercise, for both mind and body.
Then have fun browsing.
The Central Germany Branch - the “association for Scottish Country Dancers in Germany”
The Scottish Dancing Central Germany e.V. is a non-profit organization that promotes SCD. We are the German branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, the RSCDS, and are registered there as the Central Germany Branch.
To promote a global standard
Many Scottish dancers enjoy the fact that SCD is danced in a similar way all around the world. We promote it by organizing:
- Teachers' classes in which dance teachers (active, passive and future) can develop skills.
- Courses at the “Kuckucksnest”” with the best teachers and musicians for the intermediate to very advanced.
- Planned: a starter pack for new dance teachers with music and dance descriptions
- Planned: Dance lists in the “Dance Database” http://my.strathspey.org/dd/list/ as a collection of ideas for teachers, e.g. for a beginners’ program.
Promoting new dancers
We would like to promote the next generation of dancers. We are looking at three groups of dancers:
- We would be happy to help you with recommendations for RSCDS scholarships, e.g. for the Spring Fling or the Summer School.
- For the Spring Fling 2017 in Bonn, we have even awarded our own scholarships.
- In the future, a workshop for young dancers will be held every autumn somewhere in Germany.
- We are starting this year (2017) in Münster.
- New Teachers
- Teaching courses offer a good opportunity for new teachers to try out and learn.
- In addition, we can help find an experienced mentor.
- We would like to assemble a collection of dance lists on the Strathspey server and offer a starter pack of music and dance descriptions.
- Finally, we help with information about the RSCDS examinations, when conducting the Unit 1 exam or recommendation letters for the Summer School scholarships.
We would like to be a central contact platform for connecting Scottish dancers and Scottish Dance Groups in Germany and beyond. For this we have set up the following web pages:
- Teacher's page
- Musician’s page
- Group page
We want to offer SCD opportunities at all levels. Our goal is:
- To organize courses in “Kuckucksnest”
- We want to support SCD events throughout Germany
- Through Group links - help interested SC Dancers to find where dancing is possible in Germany